Welcome to the seventh Swedish conference in economics!
This year the conference is arranged by the Swedish Economic Association (Nationalekonomiska föreningen) together with the Stockholm School of Economics and it will take place on November 11-12.
The goal of the conference is to enable researchers in economics, and others interested in economic research, to meet regularly and thereby contribute to:
- increased contact between researchers in Sweden
- improved conditions for increased mobility between Swedish economics departments
- opportunities for ministries, government agencies etc. to share the latest research findings from researchers in Sweden
- giving doctoral students and recent PhDs opportunities to present themselves to potential employers
- establishing a natural forum for discussions on education and research policy in economics.
The conference starts in the morning (10am) of November 11 and ends in the afternoon of November 12. The program will contain a mix of shorter and longer presentations; open both to graduate students and senior researchers, as well as poster sessions. This year’s panel session will be on evidence-based policy, including researchers and policy makers.
The conference language is English.
We have some funding for hotel and travel costs – so please let us know if you need to be reimbursed. If needed, we will prioritize reimbursing PhD students and postdocs. PhD students and postdocs will also be reimbursed for travel costs. All participants will be offered meals, including the conference dinner on November 12.
Please see https://www.hhs.se/en/research/departments/de/Swedish-Conference-in-Economics-2021/ for more info. Paper abstract submission deadline is June 1, and you will be notified in early June on whether the paper is accepted. Please indicate whether you are interested in presenting in the longer sessions or would like a shorter presentation or a poster presentation. Please submit your abstract here.
In case you would like to attend the conference but not present anything, please sign up by September 1 signing up here.